Suggest treatment for tooth pain
periodontitis, oral prophylaxis
hello thanks for the quiery, since you mentioned x-rays have already showed no infection/problem, the problem may not be dental caries and calculus/tartar must be the problem, resulting in alveolar bone loss called periodontitis..resulting in pain in the tooth,,
check the vitality of the tooth, if non vital get an root canal treatment...
root canal treatment is usually done for dental caries involving pulp,,other wise if dental caries is superficial normal filling can be done--ie using materials like composites etc ..
Take a course of antibiotics like doxycycline under the guidance of your treating dentist,,also do salt water gargle thrice daily,
Also do a gum massage with the pulp of the finger twice daily after your brushing of teeth is over,,
consult a periodontitis for a oral prophylaxis-scaling and polishing,,and bone graft may be required to repair the alveolar bone loss hope it helps,,take care..
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the suggested medication for tooth pain
- Tooth pain in crowned tooth
- Tooth pain with pain in temple
- What treatment should be taken for tooth pain
- What treatment should i take for tooth pain
- Fibromyalgia tooth pain
- Indigestion tooth pain
- Molar tooth pain after cavity was filled suggestions
- Tooth pain broken tooth
- Is root canal treatment good for tooth pain
- Is swollen lymph node adjacent to parotid gland a cause for concern?
- What causes palate pain, difficulty in swallowing and burning tongue?
- What causes pain in gums?
- What causes bumps at back of the tongue?
- Suggest treatment for tooth pain
- Suggest treatment for scarring inside upper lip and crooked smile after...
- Can we take steam for cold, when we have fever too?
- What causes twitching of bottom lip with habit of chewing tobacco?
- What does a lump at back left side of throat indicate?