Suggest treatment for tonsils
Please advise what medicine I should use and keep with me for immediate relief.
What are the precautions I should take related to her diet.
She does not eat properly even when she is normal.
I am residing at BEML Layout ITPL Road.
Warm fluids will help her
Hi and thanks for your query.
Getting tonsils is common during childhood and recent recommendation is to treat it with medicines rather than surgery. Mostly it is acute and recurs during infections of the throat.
For immediate relief you can give her antiallergic medicine like cetrizine syrup (dose according to her age) once or twice daily. It is to be given for secretions in nose and throat. You will need to take her to an ear nose and throat specialist to check if there is bacterial infection and take antibiotics accordingly.
Regarding diet, please give her warm fluids that will reduce inflammation. Also give her semi solid thick foods. Avoid raw fruits and salad. Give her 3 proper meals and 2-3 small snacks in a day. Avoid giving milk before food. Limit the quantity of milk to less than 500 ml.
Hope it helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for tonsillitis relapse
- Suggest treatment for tonsils and adenoids
- What treatment is suggested for a low lying tonsil
- What treatment is suggested for tonsils
- Laser treatment for tonsil cancer
- Suggest treatment for severe tonsillitis
- Suggest treatment for swollen tonsils and lumps on my tongue
- Suggest treatment for chronic tonsillitis
- Suggest treatment for tonsillitis
- Suggest treatment for difficulty in swallowing due to tonsillitis