Suggest treatment for tonsillitis
My niece is 8 years old, and he has got Tonsillitis. Sometimes the problem will be very worst that he cant even have his food and pain relief medication.
As consulted with doctor, its been advised to undergo surgery to remove, but when i checked in internet its been advised that removing from surgery is not a good option.
What is your suggestion, how can we deal with this problem. Is there any home remedies available for complete cure.
surgery depends on the severity of infection
Thanks for the query
Tonsillectomy is recommended if a child has frequent throat infections or if the child shows signs of obstruction while sleeping.
1.Tonsils usually are enlarged when they get infected, but some children have
large tonsils to begin with.
2. Enlarged tonsils can obstruct breathing at night, leading to snoring, mouth
breathing and sleep apnea. While snoring by itself does not necessarily mean
that your child has a clinically significant obstruction that might result in apnea
(stopping breathing) or hypopnea (slowing down of the breathing), it does not
mean that your child is safe either.
3. Signs of obstructive sleep apnea may include, snoring, restless sleep, mouth
breathing, drooling at night, bed wetting, morning irritability, night terrors, poor
daytime attention and poor school performance.
4.If your child has any of these symptoms, then he or she should be evaluated for
the presence of a sleep disturbance, and a tonsillectomy may be recommended.
safety of surgery
Tonsillectomy is an extremely safe procedure offering excellent recovery rates and outcomes. Often done on an outpatient basis under a general anesthesia, it typically takes less than an hour. Some children, however, may have other medical issues, such as asthma or sleep apnea, that increase their risk.
If you have any doubt you are welcome.
Dr Priyanka G Raj
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for tonsillitis relapse
- Suggest treatment for tonsils and adenoids
- What treatment is suggested for a low lying tonsil
- What treatment is suggested for tonsils
- Laser treatment for tonsil cancer
- Suggest treatment for severe tonsillitis
- Suggest treatment for swollen tonsils and lumps on my tongue
- Suggest treatment for chronic tonsillitis
- Suggest treatment for tonsillitis
- Suggest treatment for difficulty in swallowing due to tonsillitis
- Suggest treatment for lipomas in the body
- Suggest treatment for back pain
- What are the chances of pregnancy after taking Unwanted 72?
- Suggest treatment for joints pain, headache, dry cough and indigestion
- Is GFR value of 54 a cause for concern?
- Suggest treatment for left-sided chest pain
- Suggest treatment for cold, fever and dizziness
- Suggest home remedies for constant hiccups
- What causes mild swelling in the face while on Thyronorm?
- What causes intense cramping in inner thigh, knee and groin area?