Suggest treatment for tonsillitis and swollen lymph nodes

Posted on Mon, 27 Apr 2015 in Dental Health
Question: hello, im a female 39 y/o, i have molar dental abcess, tonsillitis and globus sensation.i have no difficulty swallowing and drinking.my globus is about 2 weeks that doesnt go away.3 days ago i went to a GP and had check up.he said its probably due to my dental abcess thats causing the infection. he prescribed me antibiotic and ask me to seek dentist for my molar extraction.i am scheduled for extraction as soon as the swelling subsides..im on my fourth day of taking the antibiotics. last night a small pimple lump appeared an inch below my lymph nodes..its immobile itchy and sore but no opening. is there a a possibility of cancer? please help im so stressed in the past few weeks already.thanks

where can i view the answer the apps keep on crashing

i havent recieved any answers yet can you pls enlighten me
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
There is no possibility of cancer here!

Detailed Answer:
Hi am thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about these symptoms and the disturbing thoughts about cancers that you have raised. There is nothing suggestive of a cancer at this time. Cancers grow slowly over a long time and the nodes are rarely painful. Also, any pain caused by cancer would not respond to an antibiotic. The swollen gland is most likely in respond to the infection and that is why the pain from this infection has been able to be controlled using antibiotics.

I will suggest that you follow up with your dentist and get the tooth properly evaluated and any infection treated fully. This would ensure that you no longer have any pains and nodes would no longer react and grow in size to spur all of these disturbing thoughts.

I hope this addresses your query fully. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 55 minutes later
thank you so much thats a relief doc! now that cancer has been ruled out i just want to ask about my globus sensation. its approximately 16 days now and it wont go away. i havent experienced any fever. i do have body malaise thesepast few days. i feel a bit dizzy ever since i took antibiotic 500mg 2 capsules 3 times a day. i also lose weight but not remarkable and probably due to stress..i hope there is nothing serious. happy easter thank you!
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Most common causes of globus sensation is acid reflux disease.

Detailed Answer:

The most common cause of globes sensation is acid reflux. Cancers are really something else and how they develop is what makes it likely or not. These are common in smokers, older persons, alcoholics with bad oral hygiene. I am pretty convinced you are no where near the risk factors before even considering the fact that this could be cancer. Not at this time.

In all, you have no risk factors and your symptoms are totally not in support. Be relaxed and simply observe. This sensation should spontaneously resolve without the need fro any aggressive medical treatment.

I hope this helps. Always here to address any other concerns that you may have.
Dr. Chobufo Ditah