Suggest treatment for tonsillitis along with lymphadenopathy

ENT Specialist
Question
Hi Doctor

i have swollen lymp nodes but no fever or sore throat can this be bacterial infection.My doctor put me on pencillin 250 mg can I continue the meds or can this be viral.I have pus on my tonsills and slightly swollen nodes under jaw.No sore throat no fever
Wed, 25 Apr 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Tonsillitis with lymphadenopathy

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for putting up the query
The lymph nodes enlargement is probably due to tonsillitis only. You should take the antibiotics.
As the infection will subside, the nodes will regress.
Do hexidine gargles as well.
It would be better if you can send me the picture of your throat so that I can suggest you better.
Avoid pressing or palpating the nodes repeatedly to avoid discomfort.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Thanks and regards

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for tonsillitis along with lymphadenopathy 15 minutes later
on the right tonsil doctor

Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Tonsillitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for the information
You are having tonsillitis. The white lesion on right tonsil is tonsillar debris due to infection. Do gargles and take rest of the medicines, it will resolve spontaneously.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Any further questions are always welcome.
Thanks and regards

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for tonsillitis along with lymphadenopathy 18 minutes later
hi doctor how long will it take to go away.I noticed it last saturday its been 7 days I am taking antibiotic for 2 days how long will it take I am in so much panic

Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Tonsillitis with lymphadenopathy

Detailed Answer:

You should take the antibiotics for at least a week so that the nodes can regress.
Please don't panic, nodes will disappear only after the infection is properly treated.

Thanks and regards

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for tonsillitis along with lymphadenopathy 2 hours later
Thanks for the response doctor.One final question if i keep on pressing the lymp node will it swell?

Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
Tonsillitis with lymphadenopathy

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Any structure if is touched or pressed repeatedly is likely to get inflamed and may subsequently get swollen.
Please avoid repeatedly touching the nodes.
Thanks and regards