Suggest treatment for tonsil pain

Dr. Deepashree

ENT Specialist

Posted on Tue, 2 Sep 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hi , i have started to experience tonsil pain for the third time, it repeats exactly once a month, and also i have bad breath and my gums arent swollon but bleed more , im very very scared and dont know what to do please guide me
Answered by Dr. Deepashree 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
chronic infection of tonsil.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for your query.
In my opinion, you might be having a infection of your tonsil.
Bad breath is also because of chronic tonsillitis.
If I were your treating doctor, I would have first clinically examined you, confirmed my diagnosis, and then prescribed penicillin antibiotics + anti inflammatory medicines like paracetamol + diclofenac combination drugs twice daily for 5 to 7 days. Betadine mouth gargling also can help you better. Avoid oily and cold items.
Bleeding gums can be because of inflammation of the gums.
Can be treated with anti inflammatory medicines, local paste application and vit c supplement.
Hope my answers have helped you. Pleased to help you further. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T