Suggest treatment for tongue pain and burning sensation in scrotum and penis

Dr. Harish Naik

Posted on Wed, 8 Jun 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have pain of the tongue and burning / hot feeling of the scrotum and penis, This comes in cycles but never goes away for the past 5 months. This comes in cycles but never goes away. It is very uncomfortable to the point it interrupts sleep. I am being treated symptomatically without success. No one can find the root cause nor are they able to make me comfortable.
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Upload the picture for better assessment. And provide additional information

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome.
I have gone through your query.
Is there only burning sensation or redness too?
Regarding tongue, is there any visible lesions, ulcer or erosions?
Have your female partner/wife is suffering from any urogenital infection? Detail check up of her also needed?
Is there any problem in sex due to this problem?
Is there any physical problem like diabetes or blood pressure?

I would like to examine for subtle clinical signs. A picture can be helpful. Can you please upload a photograph of the affected area. This willl help me in giving a closer diagnosis. There is an option to upload photos on right side of query page.

Get back to us with pictures and additional information, I'll be glad to help you out.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Harish Naik 13 hours later
Hi, I have provided some attachments. Please review them.

In the scrotum and tip of the penis I get a hot burning sensation. It gets worse when I have warm or tight clothing. There is no visible redness in the scrotum or tip of the penis area. It gets just about unbearably hot and burning at the height of the cycle.
There are visible lesions on my tongue. I have attached pictures of the cycle from normal to the worst the back again. I have been told by my doctor that they are not ulcers. I do have a geographic tongue. Note that in addition to the red irritated areas there is a small WHITE spot at the tip of my tongue just slightly offset from midline. This appears first at the onset of the cycle and disappears at the end.
My wife did recently acquired herpes from another man and had to inform me. I was treated with antibiotics for herpes. My doctor has tested my mouth for herpes and says that my mouth condition is not related to herpes.
The last time I attempted to have sex in December I was unable to penetrate. The very instant I tried to penetrate I got an unbearable burning sensation of the penis and had to stop. This was not my wife. I no longer have a sexual relationship with my wife since she informed me that she infected me with herpes.
I do not have diabetes or high blood pressure. I was checked for both of those. I have also not had a biopsy of the tongue lesions as the ENT tell him anything does not think it will
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
Might be due to UTI or prostatitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for providing the information and pictures.
I have gone through the pictures that you have sent, but I was not able to appreciate any abnormalities in them, if you can encircle it, that will be helpful.

Regarding your other symptom, in the absence of examination, based on the information, I feel it might be due to urinary tract infection or prostatitis.

So I would have done your thorough general examination and then digital rectal examination to evaluate the status of prostate. And urine routine investigation for UTI. Based on the report , I would have decided on the management.

I would suggest you to see local doctor and enquire about this.

This provisional advice provided by me is based entirely on the input provided to me. I would suggest examination by the doctor.

I hope this suggestion might be of some help to you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak