Suggest treatment for toenail falling off after an injury
Thank you for returning to HCM with your health care concerns
I see you had some injury to your nail and the nail fell off. The white part you see is the new nail growing back. There is no way to increase the speed of healing. Nature will go at its own pace.
I recommend that you stop all creams ointments, hydrogen peroxide and alcohol to the area. All these efforts are hampering the healing and killing the new tissue. I would recommend using a regular soap and keep the area covered and prevent further trauma. The less you do the better results you will get.
I hope I answered your question. Please contact us again if you have any additional questions
Treat with plain soap and water
There is no reason t use anything special to keep the wound clean. Just use soap and water or your saline solution. Using oxygenated water is unsubstantiated and does not offer any significant improvement in wound healing.
I can reassure you that this treatment and cleansing will keep your nail growing properly. Additional scrubbing will only remove growing tissue and lead to scarring.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for bump on leg caused after an injury
- Suggest treatment for body pain after an injury
- Suggest treatment for swelling on little finger after an injury
- Have several injuries after falling on back suggest treatment
- Suggest treatment for pain around eye after an injury
- Fall causing injury to tail bone suggestive treatment
- Suggest treatment for pain in tailbone after an injury
- Suggest treatment for dizzy spells after an injury
- Suggest treatment for headachesswelling and tenderness after an injury
- Suggest treatment for open lip after an injury