Suggest treatment for toe nail infection
Welcome to healthcare magic.
I have gone through your history and seen your clinical picture.
You seem to be having a fungal infection of the toe tail, medically termed as "Onychomycosis".
You need to treat it with a course of oral antifungals. Antifungal creams and lotions will not be able to penetrate the thick nail.
I would advise you the following -
1. 4-6 pulses of Oral Itraconazole capsule 400 mg per day. A pulse means that you take the capsule for 1 week in a month and then give a gap of 3 weeks. You then repeat the 2 nd pulse for 1 week and give a gap of 3 weeks. In this manner, you need to take 4-6 pulses depending on the response.
( e.g- If you take the capsule from july 1 st to July 7 th, repeat the the dosage from August 1 st to August 7 th. )
Please get this drug prescribed by your doctor.
2. Wear open shoes/ chappals as much as possible. Closed shoes can increase the moisture levels and promote the growth of fungus.
3. Keep the area as dry as possible. Moisture and humidity can increase the fungal growth.
4. Do not share nail clippers. The infection can spread from one person to another.
This type of infection will not spread to the blood stream. You do not have to worry about that. But it could spread to the other nails and to the skin as well.
Hope this helps you.
Wishing you good health,
Dr. Johny Chacko
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for fungal nail infection
- Staph nail infection treatment
- Canesten on toe nail infection
- Treatment and cure for pseudomonas nail infection
- Death by toe nail infections
- Whitish flaky toe nail infection
- Laser treatment for nail infections
- Best fungal nail infection treatment
- Treatment and cure for nail infection
- Severe fungal nail infection treatment