Suggest treatment for tiredness in a person with panhypopituitarism
Panhypopitutarism need more than thyroid and prednisone replacement
Noted your concern.
In pan hypopituitarism, you have deficiency of multiple hormones. Steroid hormones, growth hormone, sex hormones, thyroid hormones, water balancing hormones.
You could also develop low sodium levels. All these can cause tiredness. Besides, most endocrinologists prefer Hydrocortisone over Prednisone for replacement. You should talk to your PCP about converting the Prednisone to Hydrocortisone. I prefer Hydrocortisone 10 mg ( AM), 5 mg ( lunch time) and 5 mg ( early evening , at 5 pm).
Prednisone can cause bone loss at this dose. You should be taking calcium and vitamin D as well.
Another point to discuss, is to check your adrenal hormones (DHEA-S ) and growth hormone ( IGF-1). Lack of these hormones as a result of panhypopituitarism cause extreme tiredness. You may need replacement with these hormones as well.
Besides, you should also get your sugar profile checked.
I would suggest following tests.
2) Serum Sodium and Potassium
3) Free T4, Free T3
6) Vitamin D and Vitamin B12 levels
7) Fasting blood glucose level.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diagnosis of panhypopituitarism
- Suggest treatment for body stiffness and pain with tiredness
- Drugs/medication for panhypopituitarism
- Suggest treatment for tiredness and vomiting sensation
- Treatment and cure for constant tiredness
- Panhypopituitarism causes
- Treatment and cure for panhypopituitarism
- Symptoms of panhypopituitarism
- Red spot under eye tiredness treatment suggestions
- Treatment and cure for tiredness