Suggest treatment for tiny bumps on roof of mouth

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist

Posted on Thu, 5 Nov 2015 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: i have tiny fleshed coloured bumps on my hard palate kind clustered together directly behind my upper two front teeth. it its not the normal rugae that you see on the hard palate it looks like i have tiny bumps there and i had given oral sex couple days before so im wondering if it is herpes or hiv or idk jus some kind of inflammation
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Chances are more of inflammation..

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
Welcome to HEALTHCARE MAGIC..

I have gone through your query and can understand your concerns..

As per your query tiny small bumps on the hard palate just behind front two teeth can be most commonly due to injury with some hard or hot food, allergic reaction to any medicine or food or simply Stomatitis caused by Vitamin deficiency..

As the location and appearance of the sores is concerned it does not look like cold sores which are clusters of fluid filled blisters and release clear fluid and occurs for maximum of two weeks or even less and resolve gradually within 2 weeks..

HIV will not become symptomatic within a few days after Oral sex and is also excluded as the cause..

So I would like to know a few questions to guide you better:

1.Is these any fluid discharge from sores?

2.Are the bumps painful?

3. They are present since how long?

4.Are you on any Medication?

Kindly answer the following for a better advice..

Hope this information helps..

Thanks and regards.
Dr.Honey Arora..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Honey Arora 4 hours later
There is no fluid from the sores and they are not neccessarily painful but when i rub my tongue over it i can can feel that that area is irritated and looking with a miirror one part of it looks slighly red like some irritation occured and it has been here now for about maybe 2 or 3 days and i'm not on any medication really just took regular painkillers for my period nothing major
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Seems mild irritation, nothing serious.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Dear.
Welcome Again..

Thanks for your reply..

As per your response, it does not looks like herpes infection and you need not to worry about it as it can be due to mild irritation caused by some hard or hot food and will gradually resolve as they are self limiting..
You can do warm saline gargle twice a day.
Avoid very hot, spicy and hard foods to prevent further irritation..
It will resolve in a week or even less..

Any further queries are welcome..

If you find the answer helpful please write a positive review and give a five star rating as a token of appreciation..

Wishing you a good health..

Thanks and regards.
Dr.Honey Nandwani Arora..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Honey Arora 18 minutes later
but do you know if HIV can cause these kinds of symptoms?
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
HIV/AIDS does not become symptomatic within couple of days.

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
Welcome Again..

As per your query HIV infection can take from months to years to become symptomatic and turn into AIDS and as it is just a couple of days back you have done oral sex, HIV does not seems to be causing the small bumps and you need not to worry about it as there seems nothing serious
You are perfectly fine as of now and many a times such small bumps come and go unnoticed in mouth as mouth is a place where small irritations keeps on happening daily and you need not worry about HIV as these bumps are not due to it..

Any further queries are welcome..

Wishing you a good health..

Thanks and regards.
Dr.Honey Nandwani Arora..