Suggest treatment for tinnitus
Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for putting up the query
A sudden loud noise exposure like in your case can cause noise induced hearing loss and injury. The amount of hearing loss depends on the sound exposure. It can cause the drum to rupture or congestion in the drum or inner ear injury I.e. cochlear injury. The impact of sound trauma can be estimated on examination and aud iometry. As you are saying your all hearing tests are normal but you still feel some difference, it can be due to congestion in the ear drum. My advice is if you have got aud iometry done than send me the reports and if not yet done, get a pure tone audiometry done and send me the reports. This will help me to suggest you better.
Secondly take an oral decongestant and nasal decongestant drops. Also take an anti inflammatory tablet for few days.
Avoid excessive XXXXXXX phone or ear phones usage.
Don't put any ear drops.
Follow up with the reports.
Thanks and regards
Thanks for the follow up query
Pure tone audiometry will assess the amount of hearing loss and will tell the frequencies affected. The cochlea has nerve bodies that carry sound impulses in the form of electrical signals.The frequency and loudness determination is the function of cochlea. NIHL usually involves basilar membrane in cochlea in the region of 4Khz.
Whether cochlea is affected by noise injury or not can be investigated by pure tone audiometry.
Eustachian tube blockage can be unilateral also. Keeping the same possibilitpossibility in mind I have advised you to take oral and nasal decongestant.
Any further questions are always welcome.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Thanks and regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for pulsatile tinnitus
- Treatment for severe tinnitus
- Siddha treatment for tinnitus
- Has tinnitus and is getting worse suggest treatment
- Pulsatile tinnitus causes and treatment
- Suggest the treatment that can relieve tinnitus
- Natural treatments for tinnitus
- Suggest treatment for tinnitus
- Tinnitus causes symptoms and treatment
- Post exposure treatment tinnitus
- What causes pulsatile tinnitus?
- Suggest treatment for fatigue, mild headache and tightness in the chest
- Suggest remedies for metallic taste in the mouth
- Suggest treatment for breathing difficulty in an asthma patient
- How can a cyst below the tonsil be treated?
- Suggest treatment for mouth ulcers
- What causes blood in sputum when diagnosed with TB?
- Is HIV 4th generation test done three weeks after exposure conclusive?
- Can cerumen cause tinnitus?
- Is inhaling plastic fumes harmful?