Suggest treatment for tinnitus while experiencing cough and cold
Could be due to cough and cold
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone through your query. I think I can precisely explain what is going on. Our ear has three parts: The external ear (upto the eardrum), the middle ear (having connection to the inner throat via Eustachian tube on each side) and the inner ear (containing the cochlea, the organ of hearing). It seems that you have caught a cold. This has led to thickening of the mucus, thus blocking the Eustacian tube(s) which normalize the air pressure outside (in the throat) and middle ear. The blockage is leading to pressure differences in the middle ear which is responsible for the occasional buzzing that you are complaining of.
You need to take steam inhalation (through mouth and nose). The water in form of vapor will reach deep inside and would help in diluting the mucus and would thus provide relief.
I hope that would help. If it does not, it would be a good idea to visit an ENT doctor and to get yourself examined.
Let me know if I could help further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Siddha treatment for tinnitus
- Has tinnitus and is getting worse suggest treatment
- Suggest treatment for frequent cold and cough
- Suggest ayurvedic treatment for cold and cough
- Suggest treatment for cold and cough
- Suggest the treatment that can relieve tinnitus
- Natural treatments for tinnitus
- Suggest treatment for tinnitus
- Tinnitus causes symptoms and treatment
- Post exposure treatment tinnitus
- Suggest treatment for severe loose motion
- Is there any cure for degenerative mucoid cyst associated with...
- Suggest treatment for chronic severe diarrhea and stomach pain
- Does Klonopin of a different brand cause any adverse reactions?
- What causes unusual sweating?
- Suggest treatment for joints pain in a person with IBS
- What are the side effects of Superglue injection?
- Suggest remedy for excessive dryness in mouth
- Is restarting of Casodex advisable after stopping it?
- Suggest treatment for severe constipation