Suggest treatment for tinnitus, pressure in the head and numbness in the extremities

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Thu, 24 May 2018 in Brain and Spine
Question: Last night (early morning) head pressure squeezing in whole head, burning in head ringing/buzzing in ears. Numbness and heat in my head mostly left side, numbness in my extremities, arms, legs, feet hand and torzo. Blood pressure 132/86 and HR 122, felt dizzy and feeling of throw up. Took some valerian that helped with pulse. During whole day today same symptoms little less than last night. Similar symptoms in last 2 months, now more often and with more intensity. Scheduled with neurologist in 2 months?
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Heart problems and thyroid gland dysfunction to consider.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HealthcareMagic.

I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.

Symptoms you describe seems to be related to the rapid changes in the blood pressure and Heart rhythm, then a neurological condition.

Even if you were examined one year ago about cardiac problems, I think it is necessary to get reevaluated about any blood pressure or heart rhythm issues.

A 24 hours monitoring of your heart rate and blood pressure ( Holter monitoring ) is necessary for this purpose.

Another condition to consider in your case is increased thyroid gland function.

Blood tests to assess the thyroid gland function are necessary as well.

I'd request you to discuss with your primary care Doctor about getting evaluated further about these conditions.

Please feel free to get back to me after having done above-mentioned tests.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee