Suggest treatment for tingling sensation in the lower legs
Some possible causes and diagnoses to rule out.
Thank you for using Healthcaremagic to post your health query.
I read carefully your question and I understand your concern.
Tingling in the lower legs is a very unspecific symptoms that many indicate many things. Of course, the differential diagnoses will be more narrow after a physical exam and necessary tests.
Some possible causes can be:
- A nerve compression. In this case the sensitivity and the pattern of the tingling will spread according to the nerve field.
- Diabetes. If you have it, then it may explain a complication of diabetes. So make sure to rule it out if you have not done it.
- A deficit in the blood supply if the leg. But in this case it would surely had other symptoms and also it would be not symmetrical.
- B12 level deficit can give it too. So good idea that you are checking it.
Your local doctor will be able to give you some other ideas too, depending on the things they will notice on the physical exam.
Hope this is helpful. Feel free to follow up with me any time and let me know if you need more clarifications.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Tingling sensation in left arm after chemo treatment
- Tingling sensation in head cause said to be concussion treatment
- Recurring rash on forehead tingling sensation treatment
- Had numb lips and tingling sensation on cheek suggest
- Treatment and cure for tingle sensation/ numbness
- Treatment and cure for Tingling sensation
- Dryness in mouth tingling sensation on tongue suggestions
- Tingling sensation in lower abdomen pregnancy
- Tingling sensation in urethra and scrotum suggestions
- Warm tingling sensation in leg