Suggest treatment for tingling and burning sensation in the hands

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Tue, 30 Aug 2016 in Brain and Spine
Question: hello. tingling and burning in hands and fingers?
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Peripheral neuropathy.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

In my opinion, peripheral neuropathy, a condition characterized by peripheral nerves damage from different causes, should be considered and evaluated further as a possible cause of your symptoms.

Conditions related to peripheral neuropathy include diabetes, viral infections, low vitamins B group, alcohol use, autoimmune diseases, side effects of drugs, etc.

You should discuss with your primary care Doctor about getting examined about these conditions.

Best way to improve those symptoms is to find and treat the condition that is causing them.

Since Gabapentin doesn't help with your symptoms, Pregabalin or Amytriptiline can be used.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Greetings.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj