Suggest treatment for tinea versicolor
Im XXXX..Ihave a problem with the tinea vercycolors for 6 month ago
I took differant midissen but it still wors
can you help me pleese
Regarding tinea versicolor
Hello. Thank you for writing to us
I am dr.kakkar (dermatologist).
I have gone through your query and i have noted your concern.
Tinea versicolor is an infection caused by yeast M. Furfur and it presents as light brown scaly patches with fine, brawny scaling and post inflammatory hypopigmentation. The patches commonly occur on the chest, shoulder and back. The condition is common in young adults and in hot, humid weather conditions.
I would suggest you to take an oral antifungal e.g itraconazole 100mg, 2x daily for a week.
Topically you may use ketoconazole cream, 2x daily for 2 weeks.
Post inflammatory hypopigmentation can be especially bothersome in darker skin. If that is a problem you may use tacrolimus ointment 0.1% after 2 weeks of antifungal treatment.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for tinea versicolor
- Treatment of tinea versicolor with betadine
- Treatment and cure for tinea versicolor immunosuppression
- Treatment and cure for tinea versicolor #immunosuppression
- Tinea versicolor treatment fluconazole
- Treatment and cure for tinea versicolor #malnutrition
- Treatment and cure for tinea versicolor malnutrition
- Are there any home treatment for tinea versicolor
- Treatment for tinea versicolor
- Diflucan treatment for tinea versicolor