Suggest treatment for tinea versicolor
Thanks for the query.
Tinea versicolor is a fungal infection.
I treat such cases with oral and topical antifungals.
A combination of oral fluconazole and topical clotrimazole works well.
You can also use ketoconazole shampoo as a paste, to be applied on affected area just before taking bath.
This should help you.
You can try these in consultation with your doctor.
It must be remembered that these drugs are not to be used in pregnancy.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for tinea versicolor
- Treatment of tinea versicolor with betadine
- Treatment and cure for tinea versicolor immunosuppression
- Treatment and cure for tinea versicolor #immunosuppression
- Tinea versicolor treatment fluconazole
- Treatment and cure for tinea versicolor #malnutrition
- Treatment and cure for tinea versicolor malnutrition
- Are there any home treatment for tinea versicolor
- Treatment for tinea versicolor
- Diflucan treatment for tinea versicolor