Suggest treatment for tinea versicolor
kindly attach pic
Welcome to healthcaremagic.
I have read your query and understood your concern.
I will like to know following details :
1 ) is the rash flat or is raised eruption?
2) any history of change of costume or garments?
3) for how long the rash persist ?
4) history of similar rash ever before?
Kindly reply to my questions and attach pic of the rash so that I can actually visualise it and help you to my best.
2) i do not recall any drastic changes in clothing
3) the rash has been for around a couple of months and seems to get red with the hot weather
4) never had a similar rash
oral and topical antifungals
If its tinea versicolor , its an easily treatable condition. I usually prefer to give oral fluconazole to my patients with this condition.
Alongwith topical antifungal cream like clotrimazole is advised to apply over the lesions twice daily.
But before commencing treatment, confirmation of diagnosis is required.
Kindly attach pic of the lesions so that I can help you.
P. versicolor/tinea versicolor
I have seen the attached pics. Thanks for the same.
They are quite useful.
It is P. versicolor only. Its an easily treatable condition. As i mentioned in my last reply, i usually prescribe my patients oral fluconazole with topical antifungals like clotrimazole/ketocconazole for atleast 2 weeks.
You may visit your doctor and get the prescription for the same.
You may discuss this with your doctor. I am sure he will agree with my opinion.
it is fungal infection not related to molluscum
Tinea versicolor is due to fungal infection. It is not related to molluscum. These two are totally unrelated condition.
You need not to worry about the same. It is fully harmless and totally treatable condition.
it will resolve completely within 3-4 weeks with treatment.
I hope I have solved your query.
if you do not have any further query you may close the discussion and rate it.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for tinea versicolor
- Treatment of tinea versicolor with betadine
- Treatment and cure for tinea versicolor immunosuppression
- Treatment and cure for tinea versicolor #immunosuppression
- Tinea versicolor treatment fluconazole
- Treatment and cure for tinea versicolor #malnutrition
- Treatment and cure for tinea versicolor malnutrition
- Are there any home treatment for tinea versicolor
- Treatment for tinea versicolor
- Diflucan treatment for tinea versicolor