Suggest treatment for tinea corporis

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 7 Apr 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I got a weird lump on my skin. Ive had it for a week. It dosent itch or hurt. I will link a picture. What is it and what cream can i put on it?
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Tinea corporis. Use an OTC topical antifungal cream

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I am Dr. Kakkar (Dermatologist). I have gone through your query and I have viewed the Image.

I can see a single, dry looking, oval/ annular patch of skin with central clearing and scaly margins. I would keep a possibility of tinea i.e fungal infection of skin.

Itching is a subjective symptom and may be mild or even absent in a non-inflammatory patch of tinea.

I suggest you to use an over the counter (OTC) topical antifungal e.g either Clotrimazole 1% cream Or Miconazole nitrate 2% cream, 2x daily for 2 weeks.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee