• question-icon

Suggest treatment for tightness of vagina

Posted on Wed, 1 Jun 2016 in Women's Health
Question: Hello !
My question is OBGYN related and concerns my 6 month relationship with a 63 year old woman who is in very good health. We started to get physical about 4 months ago and earlier this year we have attempted to engage in intercourse. It appears that her vagina is simply too small for me to enter her. As far as I know, I am rather 'normal' sized and not overly large.
Her situation: widowed 6+ years ago and I am the first male whom she has become intimate with since her husband's passing. She is a mother of 2 - 30 something children as well as an 18 year+ breast cancer survivor. In addition, her long time OBGYN relocated to another state 2 months ago and she doesn't feel that 'comfort level' yet with her new OBGYN.
I am 62 yrs old & in relatively good health but I've had some ED issues which I've discussed both with my urologist and personal physician.
Essentially, is there any option available [short of surgery] that could somehow expand her vagina ? We have discussed this issue several times and are becoming slowly but increasingly frustrated that we are unable to have intercourse. I've maintained that I am completely satisfied with our physicality to date and do not in any way foresee this to be in any way, shape or form a major issue to cause any harm to our relationship.
Thanks for any suggestion[s] you could provide.
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Gradual dilatation and lubrication will help.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Your partner is suffering from tight vagina. This can happen after chemotherapy due to lack of lubrication.
The best way short of surgery is lubrication and gradual dilatation of vagina. Your physician is guiding you in the correct direction. It is best to be intimate and indulge in foreplay before manual insertion of fingers.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 31 minutes later
Thank you Dr. Tayal !
I certainly appreciate your response. It appears that we are on the right track then for which I am quite relieved.
I Thank you for providing your URL as well.
Sincerely,
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
wellcome

Detailed Answer:
It is my pleasure to help you
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN