Suggest treatment for tightness in chest and belching

Posted on Wed, 17 Jun 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I am having a tightness in my chest, feels like someone is squeezing me so hard across my breasts. I am also urinating a lot, 3 time in the past hour and an full urine output. I also feel very tired and short of breath when I move around. Belching is on and off.
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It can be due to gastritis and esophageal reflux.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thank you for asking HCM.

I have gone through your query. Your problem can be due to gastritis and esophageal reflux. But it is better to check your blood pressure, pulse and have an ECG to rule out cardiac cause .
Do you have any palpitation (feeling of increased heart beat). ?
Any history of hypothyroidism. ?
Any painful urination associated with frequency. ?
Is your periods regular. ?
Any recent history of unprotected sexual intercourse which can give suspection for chance of pregnancy. ?

In such case i would recommend taking proton pump inhibitors like esomeprazole for two weeks. This is available as over the counter in brands like Nexium.
Applying hot water bags also will be helpful.

Hope this may help you. Let me know if anything not clear.
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. Nishad BN