Suggest treatment for thyroid and kidney abnormalities

Dr. Elona Xhardo

Endocrinologist

Posted on Fri, 10 Mar 2017 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: Yesterday I took a blood test for overall health and came back with thyroid and kidney abnormalities. I take no medications, am 67 yrs old, and to boost my metabolism, started 2months ago taking a supplement called Body Fit with green tea and raspberry ketones. Would this interfere with a fasting blood test? Everything else came out ok?
Answered by Dr. Elona Xhardo 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes, it can interfere with the fasting blood test.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for asking.
I have gone through your question.

When you do a fasting blood test, anything that you take in, including vitamins or other supplements, may alter your blood chemistry to a degree that affects its analysis. For this reason it is important to start taking the supplements only after the blood was withdrawn.

Body Fit supplement inhibits fat storage and promotes calorie burning. As a result, you’ll experience decreased fat absorption and a faster metabolism.

I can't say if this is the culpit of your abnormal blood test results, anyway i'd suggest to repeat the tests without taking this supplements and if the abnormal results still persist, then you should discuss this with your doctor.

However, if your thyroid test results are not within the normal range, even the second time, we can discuss about the potential causes, i am an endocrinologist. I can certainly help you if you need any further assistance from my side (Let me know your results first).

For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, you can ask me at HealthCareMagic at my direct private link: bit.do/hcm-Dr-Xhardo.

Hope this is helpful. Feel free to ask further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Elona Xhardo 48 minutes later
I didn't take any vitamins or supplements yesterday for the fasting and blood lab work. I'm taking a second fasting blood test on Mon. Told the doctors nurse with this info too! The supplement is Body Fit. Thank you
Answered by Dr. Elona Xhardo 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes,the supplement is Body fit.

Detailed Answer:
Hello

In our last discussion,I was talking about your Body fit pills that contains a variety of vitamins and supplements that helpos to boost your metabolism.

Let me know your results of monday,i 'm curious to know your thyroid and renal parametrers.

Thanks for using HCM for your health queries.
Kind regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy