• question-icon

Suggest treatment for throbbing pain in the pelvic area

Posted on Mon, 17 Jul 2017 in Men's Health
Question: I have a terrible throbbing pain on the right side of my body in the groin/pelvic area. My right testicle also keeps rising up. I don't know if the two are connected but it the pain is getting worse and seems to seer down my right leg when it flairs up.
Answered by Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Possible diagnosis: Testicular torsion

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for trusting HealthcareMagic

Testicular torsion can cause pain in the groin area and rising testis. It happens due to twisting of spermatic cord. This twist can cause decresrd blood supply to the testis. This is why it is important to seek immediate medical attention when you have testicular torsion.
Physical examination and Doppler ultrasound of testis can confirm the diagnosis.
Another possibility is a dtrngulatrd inguinal hernia, which also need immediate medical care.
Treatment of both is with surgery.
Please be advised to follow up with the emergency room for appropriate management.

Hope this answers your question
Please address further questions here
Dr.Lekshmi
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal