• question-icon

Suggest treatment for throbbing pain in the foot after injury

Posted on Wed, 9 Aug 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I stepped on a nail in a plank of wood at work today. The nail went through my boot and into my forefoot. My middle three toes are stiff and painful as if they were jammed, if that makes sense. The pain is throbbing but has gotten better after taking advil and icing. I finished work and had an hour drive home before I could clean and bandage it. There was swelling at first but that has gone down, along with redness. My main question is, do you believe I will be fine if I wait until tomorrow to see my doctor?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can wait till tomorrow.

Detailed Answer:
You can wait till tomorrow but do get a tetanus shot and proper antibiotics to prevent any infection in the area. Continue with rest and icing. it will take 4-7 days to get well.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon