Suggest treatment for throat pain, dizziness and fever

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Question
my child of 3 years boy had dizzeness and not eating any thng.he is showing his throat as pain.he got fever of 101.so what medical instructions should be taken
Posted Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Could be a viral or bacterial pharyngitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi....greetings from XXXXXXX Looks like viral or bacterial pharyngitis.
1. How many days if fever is this?
2. Is the throat & inside of mouth red?
Suggestions-
1. You can give Paracetamol at 15mg/kg/ dose if temperature is more than 100F.
2. I suggest you do a rapid antigen test for streptococcus & throat swab for culture & start antibiotics if rapid test in positive.
See your pediatrician for the above.
Regards- Dr. Sumanth

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for throat pain, dizziness and fever 5 hours later
yesterday only he got everything. his throat is fine.yesterday nyt we used crocin ds because of fever now early morning fever came to control and he is little active now and he started eating fruits

Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Looks like viral fever

Detailed Answer:
Hi...
In a fever of 1-2 days, rather than fever, what is more important is the activity of the child, in between 2 fever episodes on the same day. Once viral fever comes it will there for 4-7 days. So do not worry about duration if the kid is active.
I SUGGEST YOU NOT TO GO FOR ANY OF THE LABORATORY TESTS IF THE KID IS ACTIVE AS HE SEEMS TO BE WELL WHEN THERE IS NO FEVER AND FEEDING ALSO.

I wish your kid a speedy recovery. If you need any future medical consultation and suggestions, I will be glad to help. You can approach me at the following link. Please find the link below.
www.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-sumanth-amperayani/67696