Suggest treatment for throat pain and stretched nerves in throat
1. I feel pain in my throat and feeling streched nerves in my throat.
2. Something is happening in my throat which is making me swallow like reflex for no reason even though i have nothing in my mouth. My mouth gets dry because of this.
3. While this swallow reflex i am having pressure on my hard and soft palates like soft palate do not want this swallow reflex to happen and soft and hard palate feel preasure and feels like it blocks airflow and troat get tighten on that moment then i have to open my mouth and suck on saliva ir drink some sips of water to breathe normally or else if feel like i am getting choked.
4. When i suck on candy like halls and strepsils i kinda feel bit of relief not completely but candy helps me lower down this uncontrollable reflex of swallow.
5. I am gwtting some sour fluid reflex as well from my stomach into my mouth sometime like once or twice a day.
I am totally restless in this condition. I cannot lay down to sleep. If i do all the rhings that i told above gets on extreme level and then i have to jump out of bed or sit down to breathe as palates do not let me breathe when that reflex keeps on happening then i feel soft palate and throat getting pressure and get blocked then i cannot breathe then i have to ait straight and open mouth and suck on saliva or drink some water to remove that choking feeling.
Could be LPRD.
Welcome to healthcare magic.
I had gone through your question.
I can understand your concern.
Without physical examination, I wouldn't be able to recognize the cause behind the symptoms, however based on your description it may be related to LPRD. That is reflux of gastric contents into pharynx and larynx.
I recommend the following suggestions
1) Avoid smoking and alcohol.
2) Avoid spicy and junk food.
3) Avoid coffee and tea.
4) Keep regular diet habits.
5) Take your dinner at least 2 hours before bed time.
6) Proton pump inhibitors like tablet rabeprazole.
7) Drink adequate water after each meals.
I would monitor the condition for couple of months while you follow aforementioned suggestions. The next plan of action can be decided according to how you respond.
You will be fine.
Hope I have answered your question. If you have any questions, I am happy to help.
Wish you a good health and speedy recovery.
Dr Paparaja S MBBS MS
Consultant ENT Surgeon
LPRD is not serious.
Thanks for the follow up.
Nothing to worry.
Follow my previous instructions.
Wish you a speedy recovery.
Kindly rate my answer.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment burning sensation and pain in throat
- Suggest treatment for sore throat with headache and ear pain
- What is the treatment for throat pain
- Suggest treatment for throat pain
- Swollen throat no pain treatment
- Treatment for sore throat pain
- Suggest treatment for throat pain caused by allergic reaction
- Suggest treatment for throat pain while swallowing
- Having cough throat pain and sweating suggest treatment
- Pain in throat aryuvedic treatment
- What causes severe ear pain, headaches, nausea and lightheadedness?
- Is it safe to give Motrin along with Sudafed for strep throat?
- Suggest the type of specialist to consult for word retrieval aphasia
- What causes hard lump on inside of throat?
- Can Azithromycin be taken for nasal congestion and ear pain?
- What causes constant throat clearing and cough?
- Suggest treatment for swelling on the chin
- What could cause a child to fail in hearing test?
- Suggest treatment for bumps near wisdom tooth and headaches
- What causes black spots behind ear with bleeding?