Suggest treatment for throat pain and difficulty in swallowing
that I spit in a cup instead of swallowing it. i have a low fever of 100.5.
Tonsillitis most likely
Dear XXXX, severe pain on swallowing is most probably due to infection and pus accumulation on the tonsils .
The tonsillitis is the reason why your body temperature rises.
You need antipyretic tablets (eg. Tab Paracetamol 650mg ) taken every 8 hours after some food to relieve the fever, an antipyretic will also help relive the pain
You also need an antibiotic to treat the tonsillitis and pus accumulation (please check with your local physician to get the necessary examination and prescription for the same).
Throat lozenges and warm fluids as soup or herbal tea will help ease the swallowing.
Additionally do XXXXXXX warm saline water gargling thrice daily for the time being.
I hope I answered your question and I'll be happy to answer further questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Throat pain difficulty swallowing
- Sore throat difficulty swallowing
- Swollen throat difficulty swallowing
- Treatment for difficulty swallowing
- Reason for chest pain difficulty swallowing and burning throat
- Dry throat and difficulty swallowing
- Treatment for chest pain and difficulty swallowing
- Throat pain on sneezing difficulty swallowing causes and treatment
- Sore throat difficulty swallowing and neck pain
- Treatment for dysphagia difficulty swallowing
- What causes blood in stool while on Ibuprofen and Tylenol?
- Does Benzonatate interact with Trazodone?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea, severe chills and fever
- What causes a lump in the armpit and fever?
- Suggest treatment for mucus in nasal passage
- Suggest treatment for throat pain and difficulty in swallowing
- Is chronic fatigue a symptom of Lyme's disease?
- Can Azithromycin cause painful lumps in the breasts?
- Suggest treatment for enlarged lymph nodes in the armpit and fatigue
- What causes severe vomiting and foul urine odor?