• question-icon

Suggest treatment for throat pain after swallowing a pill

Posted on Tue, 18 Jul 2017 in General Health
Question: 4 nites ago the 50 mg pill broke apart in my throat and iy still feels like it is burning my throat, swallowing is a problem. any advice? i.e. disipramine

pain in right mid area as well
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Glycerine will help.

Detailed Answer:
The pain you can feel can be due to mild mucosal irritation. You can swallow glycerine for relief. Avoid taking hot and spicy food. This sensation will subside on ts own n next 4-5 days. Have a few tablespoons of Liquid Paraffin IP (medical grade) if available to soothe the internal linings. Eat only bland food, avoid smoking and alcohol too.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon