Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Suggest treatment for throat infection and prostatitis

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9579 Questions
Throat Infection and Prostatitis
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
Brief Answer: You need to Investigated thoroughly. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you are suspecting to have throat infection and prostatitis, I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem. 1) What are your symptoms especially as regards urinary symptoms ? 2) Do you have fever with chills ? 3) Do you have pain or discomfort in perineal region? 4) Have you done some tests and if so please post the results? Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis of prostatitis. 1) Routine urine tests and urine culture 2) Ultrasound scanning of the abdomen and pelvis and ultrasound scanning with rectal probe (TRUS) 3) Haemogram with total and differential WBC count. 4) Swab test and culture of urethral discharge obtained after prostatic massage ( For this you will need help to get the prostate massage done by a qualified health personnel or Urologist) In the meanwhile start taking broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefexine along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily.Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report. For throat infection ensure to have salt water gargles to have soothing of congested throat . Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor