Suggest treatment for throat cancer

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Tue, 13 Sep 2016 in General Health
Question: I have been diagnosed with throat cancer in XXXXXXX the care is awful they wishh to remove all my teeth and put feeding tube in stomach , ???I feel perfectly healthy no pains or anything ???XXXX XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It's a difficult decision!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this diagnosis and all the inconveniences this must have caused you. The major point now is whether to accept treatment or not.

1. You want to live a happier but somewhat shorter life: You can choose to deny treatment and live normally and succumb to the complications of this cancer. The main thing here is that you may not live long as the complications from cancer spread would be earlier.

2. You want to live longer with a poor quality: Then accept the surgery as this will help you stay longer and not easily fall prey to the complications from a spreading cancer.

The main guiding principle is whether you want to live longer and give up part of the quality of live or live shorter with a better quality of life?

Let me know what your choice is more likely to be but must admit it is a difficult decision to arrive at.
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 21 hours later
Is there an alternative to radiations .removing teeth and feeding tubes????? XXXX
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 25 hours later
Brief Answer:
Unfortunately, no!

Detailed Answer:

This is unfortunately not possible at this stage. I understand it is a difficult situation to face. I however suggest that you stay the course and make a decision that you are at peace with. Choose for longevity or better quality of life.

Let me know what your thoughts are.
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 17 hours later
After discussions and given only months if no treatment I will start by having teeth removed the cancr is at back of my lounge have a nice day XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
I wish you the best!

Detailed Answer:

I know this is a difficult decision and a difficult time for you. I Wish you well.

Keep me updated with your progress.