Suggest treatment for throat ache in a child

Dr. Anshul Varshney

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Child Health
Question: My 10 yr old son's throat is hurting if he is trying to gulp anything. Water and food. My spouse says it could be tonsils acting up. What can i do to help him now? Tomorrow i can take him to a doc
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I need a few details.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Friend.
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.
Hi, I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern.
I need following details to help you better:
1. Any fever he is having?
2. Any cough or sneezing?
3. Any chills and rigors?
4. Since when is he having this?

This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any other query, you may please ask me and answer these questions preferably in point wise manner.
Stay Healthy.
Dr Anshul Varshney , MD

Follow up: Dr. Anshul Varshney 22 minutes later
No fever, no chills, had slight coughing in the morning when he got up. Gave him warm water with honey. All was well all day long. The throat hurt started an hour back.
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Detail Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX
In such scenario I would advise for symptomatic relief following:
1. To gargle with 2 tablets of disprin in XXXXXXX warm water.
2. To give him Tablet Paracetamol 500 mg single dose.
3. Give him plenty of warm fluids like soup, tea.
This would give him symptomatic relief till tomorrow morning when you can consult a doctor for his throat examination and further treatment.
In the morning when he would get up GE would have maximum pain. Don't panic that time. Give him same treatment in the morning and consult a doctor.
If you have any further query please ask me else close the discussion and rate it.
Stay Healthy.
Follow up: Dr. Anshul Varshney 59 minutes later
Thanks Doc. Good Night
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Good Luck.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX
I hope this helps you. If still you have any problem do ask me.
If you are happy with my answer please write s review that makes me happy.
Good Night.