question-icon

Suggest treatment for thoracic nerve discomfort

Posted on Mon, 6 Jul 2015
Question: Treatment for thoracic nerve discomfort.Having spine treatment from my chiropractor,2x a week currently due to a car accident a month ago.Becomes most uncomfortable after the close of the day.Find difficulty sleeping,a deep tight pain from the shoulder blade
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu (3 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Needs medication for 3 months as prescribed below.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mam,

I understand your query and concern. Since the discomfort is severe and constant, I will advice you to start medications. I would have started him on tab. Pregabalin once daily bed time for 3 months along with an opioid analgesics for 10 days. This seems to be neuropathic pain and the aforementioned treatment is high effective.

NOTE:These drugs should be taken under strict medical supervision of your doctor.

I also advise you to consult physiotherapist and practice spine relaxing exercises.

Also get an MRI Spine to look for any disc prolapse.

Post your further queries if any,

Thank you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Suresh Heijebu