Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for thmb pain due to lumps on bilateral forearm

Feb 2014
User rating for this question
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 5930 Questions
I have several lumps on bilateral forearm. the lump located on the upper forearm is very painful and when pressed on it causes my fingers to go numb. I have been seeing my ortho doctor, he believes the lumps may be lipomas, I also am having a lot of pain on my thumbs, wearing spica thumb splints, cortisone shot, but the pain is really bad. Its been going on for about one month and the pain is not getting any better. I see my ortho again next week but the pain is very bad. I have pain medicine but I don't like taking it, I take Tylenol but not enough for pain. I have upper GI problems so I am unable to take anti-inflammatory meds. Can you suggest something else to relieve this pain?
Posted Thu, 27 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You can take tramadol tablets. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. If you are unable to take anti-inflammatory medicines due to upper GI problems, You can take tramadol tablets for pain control after prescription of your doctor. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for thmb pain due to lumps on bilateral forearm 1 hour later
Is there anything you can tell me for diagnosis of symptoms I mentioned?
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 21 hours later
Brief Answer: Description below. Detailed Answer: Hi, Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of the lump. Possibilities that may need to be considered include enlarged bursa, lipomas, cysts, growths from underlying connective tissue etc. It seems that these lumps might causing pressure over nerves causing numbness in your fingers. I would suggest to get the X-ray of the area affected and FNAC (fine needle aspiration cytology) of lump under your doctor guidance to reach the correct diagnosis.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for thmb pain due to lumps on bilateral forearm 1 hour later
Thank you so much I will definitely be bringing this up to my doctor and asking if they think an xray and fnac of lump be drawm for analysis and a correct dx. Thank you again for answering my question. God bless you. XXXXXXX Garcia
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 49 minutes later
Brief Answer: I would appreciate your reviews about this service Detailed Answer: Hello mam, I am glad to know that I could address your concern. Hope this discussion was useful. Please close this discussion, if you do not have any other queries. I would appreciate your reviews about this service. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor