Suggest treatment for third degree sprain in the shoulder and wrist
Surgery may be needed to repair torn ligaments.
Thanks for posting your query.
The third degree sprain in the shoulder and wrist must have involved the torn ligaments. This can be confirmed by an MRI scan. If the pain is continuous and you cannot lift your arm then a surgical repair may be needed to fix the torn ligaments. After an MRI scan, the extent of tear can be determined.
Surgery can be planned after that. Do consult an orthopedician for proper treatment. Avoid all painful movements of the arm till then.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment for iliofemoral ligament sprains
- Suggest treatment for sprained ankle
- Suggest treatment for pain due to neck sprain
- What are the possible treatment for sprain on wrist
- Wrist swelling treatment sprained wrist
- Suggest treatment for sprained hurting ankle
- Sprained swollen ankle treatment
- Suggest treatment for sprained groin muscle
- Badly sprained ankle treatment
- Suggest treatment for muscle sprain