Suggest treatment for the toe inflammation
Skin of toe infection
Hello and welcome,
The skin of toes with ingrown toe nails can become infected. Thing to do right now is get that toe in a hot water soak. You can add salt or epsom salts, or a bit of mild detergent/soap. The more you soak it in hot water (but not so hot it burns the skin), the better - several times a day.
Then, after the inflammation has subsided enough, try to gently pry the nail out - if you are able - try to get some cotton (like from a cotton ball) that you have twirled together, and work it under the inbedded part to lift it. However, if you are unable to get the ingrown part out of the skin, it is time to see a podiatrist.
Toe nail fungi can cause the nail to become deformed. It doesn't necessarily cause an ingrown nail, but it does cause thickening and deformity, so it is possible. The toe nail fungus can be treated later as it is not urgent (or possibly at the same time as the ingrown nail situatio if the dr. you see feels the whole nail should be removed.) Regarding treatment for a toe nail fungus, opt for topical treatment such as antifungal nail polish (sold by prescription). It may not be as strong as an oral antifungal, but it is much safer for your liver.
I hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Inflammation in head taking aleva suggest treatment
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea due to bowel inflammation
- Suggest treatment for recurrent antibiotic resistent gum inflammation
- Treatment for inflammation
- Toe inflammation treatment
- Suggest treatment for pain and infection in toe
- Suggest treatment for cervical inflammation and fatty liver
- Suggest treatment for swollen foot and toes
- Suggest treatment to lower the inflammation of the pancreas
- Suggest treatment for inflammation of penis skin