Suggest treatment for the pain associated with post-herpetic neuralgia
What is wait time for answer
Remedies for migraines and stress headaches.
Welcome to Health Care Magic.
Thanks for writing.
I am Dr. Saddiq-ul-Abidin. I have read your question completely, I understand your concern and will try to help you in best way possible.
First of all, it is so sad to hear about the post-herpatic neuralgia and kind of pains you had ti bear due to that, but based on the current description of symptoms which you have nicely put together, its seems that you have been suffering from the attacks of migraine and trigger being the anxiety and stress.
The likelihood of sinus infections is less likely as, head ache which your are experiencing, is mostly in the back portion of headache, and radiates to the shoulder which is very much typical of stress headaches, and no bony sinuses are present in this area. Also there is a lack of history of any preceding respiratory tract infection.
The possibility of post neuralgic pain is however quite possible, but since your current symptoms are bilateral, with tight band feeling and pressure behind eyes, it is against a typical post neuralgic pain which is excruciating and sharp normally, and not dull in character, as is, in your case.
Migraine treatment (abortive therapies) and prevention (prophylactic therapies) focus on avoiding triggers, controlling symptoms and taking medicines. Medications such as naproxen, ibuprofen, acetaminophen (paracetamol), and other analgesics like Excedrin (aspirin with caffeine) are often the first abortive therapies to eliminate the headache or substantially reduce pain.
here are several categories of preventive migraine medicine, ranging from diet changes and exercise to prescription drugs. Some of these include beta blockers, anticonvulsants and antidepressants which are only prescribed in recurrent persistent attacks triggered by headaches and you can discuss that with your GP.
I would personally suggest you to try other supportive measures and adopt some healthy life style modifications such as getting enough sleep, reducing stress, drinking plenty of water, avoiding certain greasy heavy foods and making habit of regular physical exercise. Also that any distracting activities and increasing social outfits and gatherings would decrease stress factors. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
I hope this answered your question.If you have more queries I am happy to answer. Otherwise rate before closing the discussion.
Dr.Saddiq ul Abidin
M.B.B.S(Licensed Family Physician)
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Natural remedies for post herpetic neuralgia
- Post herpetic neuralgia causes
- Drugs/medication for post herpetic neuralgia
- Diagnosis of post herpetic neuralgia
- Headache post herpetic neuralgia
- Symptoms of post herpetic neuralgia
- Treatment and cure for post herpetic neuralgia
- Guaifenesin, claritin, post herpetic neuralgia
- Pain relief for post herpetic neuralgia
- Cymbalta for post herpetic neuralgia
- Suggest treatment for UTI post urinary catheterization?
- Suggest treatment for cough during consumption while treating bulbar palsy
- What causes burning feeling in underarm with painful tiny bumps?
- Suggest treatment for pain in shoulders, upper arm and back
- What causes irregular heart beat on exertion in a person post cardiac...
- Suggest treatment for bleeding from gums
- Suggest treatment for the pain associated with post-herpetic neuralgia
- What does persistent nasal bleeding indicate?
- What causes Raynaud's phenomenon?
- What causes chronic heaviness under left rib cage and shortness of breath?