Suggest treatment for testicular pain

Dr. Matthew J. Mangat

Urologist

Posted on Fri, 23 Oct 2015 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hello Doctor,

I am suddenly feeling pain in my left testicle. I just touched and felt that left side nerve was comparatively swollen compared to right one. I was ok through out the day, but started feeling pain after 10.00 pm.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks
-xxxxxx.
Answered by Dr. Matthew J. Mangat 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Rule out inflammation in testis.

Detailed Answer:
Hello xxxxxx ad welcome to HCM.
As an Urologist, i can understand your concern.
The sudden pain may be due to an inflammation commonly, if you've not had a trauma there. (inflammation is called epididymo-orchitis).
But the safest step for you, if the pain persists, is to get examined by an Urologist, and a scrotal doppler ultrasound scan, will clearly show , if there's anything to worry.
If the scan is normal, analgesic is sufficient.
According to the report of scan after an examination, he will advise the proper treatment.
Wish you well.
Follow up: Dr. Matthew J. Mangat 4 minutes later
Thanks for the prompt reply Doctor. However, what did you mean by " if you've not had a trauma there"?
Answered by Dr. Matthew J. Mangat 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Trauma to testis, can result in swellings.

Detailed Answer:
Hi again.
Some people have a blunt injury like sports injuries over the testis, or get hit over the testis, with a blunt object accidentally, resulting in similar painful swellings of testis.
If you've not had such an injury, forget it.
Hope your doubt is cleared.
Follow up: Dr. Matthew J. Mangat 5 minutes later
Thanks Dcoctor. I just examined that the left nerve in testicle is lotless tight compared to when raised my concern. Also the pain has subsided. I will monitor for a day and let you know if issue persists.

Thanks again.

-xxxxx.
Answered by Dr. Matthew J. Mangat 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
You're welcome.

Detailed Answer:
Hi again.
Don't worry and just relax,
Everything will be fine.