Suggest treatment for testicular pain

Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain

Posted on Mon, 19 Oct 2015 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Thought I had clymidia, but after 5 courses of antibotics pain in right testicle getting worse. Have had no other signs of std. I do have mass varicus veigns in right testical, have been using meth but stopped a month ago and had several sexual encounters a month ago. Gone through 4 types of antibotics for treatment of clymidia etc last 4 weeks. Run out now and pain getting worse daily
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Control Chlamydia test, testicular ultrasound, urologist opinion, other cau

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

With a good course of antibiotics, it might be necessary at this point in time to check if you actually had a Chlamydia infection, or a different condition. It is important also to cross check if the drugs were taken in the right doses, for the correction duration as prescribed by your doctor. If everything was well done, I strongly suggest other causes of testicular pain need to be sought at this point.

Varicose veins on their own should not cause severe testicular pain as you describe.
It might important to know is the testes are swollen or not. Conditions like torsion of testicular appendages, torsion of a hydrocoele (fluid in the testes), an inguino scrotal hernia (hernia that moves right to the testicular level) be properly checked.

Doing blood tests to control for the level of Chlamydia in the body is of utmost importance. This could help in making a decision on whether to retreat the infection, if present with other appropriate antibiotics. This could also help, if negative, to actively search for other causes of this pain. A testicular ultrasound and doppler ultrasound to check for any masses, and appreciate blood flow could be helpful.

the opinion of a urologist, to control level of Chlamydia in blood and evaluate carefully other causes of testicular pain could be helpful.

Thanks and kind regards as I wish you the best of health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
I contracted Clymidia, wuite a severe dose 4 months ago and the swelling a nd pain after smoking methanthetamines meant that I had to stip using until a two week course of Floxine and then Defaflaxin cured all symptems. I then had a full test for all STDs and everything was clear.

In this instance none of the abobe occured except for slight pain in the testies so I figured I got onto the curing the Clymidia early. But it has constantly persisted. No my testis are not swollen but they are sore to touch now. I was always going to get all the STD tests done this week, but as symptems so different and after trying four recommended types of antibotics the last floxine and develflaxin together am somewhat stummped expecially as there is alot of pain under the scrotum.

But no discharge, peeing normally etc.

Can you now give me your thoughts in order as to what I am dealing with.

Thanks
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Testicular ultrasound. Problem unlikely to be infectious in origin

Detailed Answer:
hi and thanks for the update

the antibiotics course you followed was very appropriate. I am afraid this should not be due to a sexually transmitted infection at this point in time.

I think the sources should have a mechanical source like a torsion or blood vessel compression. a clinical review to exclude torsion of a testicular appendage , testicular torsion or a hernia could be appropriate. blood vessel blockages in some severe cases of varicocoeles can cause pain. a testicular ultrasound evaluating blood flow could be of utmost importance at this point.

thanks and kind regards

Dr Bain
Follow up: Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 19 hours later
As today was a public Holiday her in Australia I was unable to see a doctor. The pain in the morning was acute and seemed to be going down the inside of my left thigh and on the left side above my abdomin. During the day I took 800mgnof Ibifrufin, 500mg of Tramadol and 300mg of Pregabelin.

This eased the pain about 90% with just a slight pain in these areas under the scrotum and left testicle. Does this seem to fit with your last prognosis and can I continue this course of pain relief with the problem mending itself without further medical treatment.

Thanks in advance for your advice and past assistance.

Ps. I only use methanthetamines occasionally due to complications of taking a placebo trial conducted to test Telepafar in 2007. Although it cured my Hep C the medical fraternaty has abandoned me as I copped all 33 side affects, and was told the Telepafar fried my body, killing the Hep C but has left me with debilitating Fibromyalgia and mental issies, causing me to leave a Directors position in Government a life which I am unable to rebuild. I am just using up my savings and doing the odd property development to survive okay financially, however after several suicide attempts leaving me with further health issues I do not have much more courage to go on.

So in the scheme of things this current issue is more an annoyance.

Best regards
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
All is not lost, be positive, pain relief, testicular ultrasound.

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

Since the pain is becoming acute, I think pain relief is an important component of the management. However, a review by your doctor and a testicular ultrasound remains capital.

I understand how you can feel after going through all these. I think still however there still so much hope and you nee not be this down. I suggest you get positive, do exercises as much as you can, fruits and vegetables as key components of your diet.

Thanks and kind regards as i wish you the best of health.

Dr Bain
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar