Suggest treatment for testicular pain
I really need some help and advice. I have been struggling now for 6-8 months with Pain in both testicles... It seemed to have started out the blue or I certainly cannot remember what brought the pain on....
I have a dragging aching pain in one or both testicles nearly all of the time... It's not massivley painfull, but like a dull ache at ALL times....
Originally thought that it would go away on its own. six months diown the line it's really starting to get me down.. I went to see my local doc, who did a quick exam of my testicles...
And literally said "its nothign dont worry".... I made a point of saying look I dont come to doctors oftern its an issue, he gave me doxyclyline for 14 days but it had no effect...Also had a urine test Negative for infection and STI tests all negative..
Pain now sometimes feels like its in my lower abdomen and can be slightly tender if I push hard on my lower belly.... Did some research and looks like I may have either epiditumus or prostistis symptoms are as follows:
Tender to the touch (sometimes)
Not really swollen
Not had any discharge at all
testies not hot to the touch....
It does not hurt when I urinate
No burning or pain during ejac
So I am thinking either swollen prostate and touching a nerve somewhere ?
Or epiditmus that wont go away.. or something else ? IOt's really starting to get me down. Can anybody please please help ?
Thanks for the query
There are two possibilities in you
1. Epididymo orchitis
This causes typical dull aching pain which does not go away. It is often tender to touch. Inguinal hernia is also a close differential diagnosis however since you do not have any swelling it is less likely
2. Torsion testis
This is less likely in you as patients with torsion testis have extreme pain and nausea
Here is how you should go about it
1. Approach a urologist, they have very good understanding of the male genitourinary system than a surgeon or a GP
2. Get doppler study of the scrotum, this will help with the diagnosis
3. Ultrasound of the pelvis with a full bladder can tell us whether or not prostate in enlarged. However I must point out that people with enlarged prostate typically have difficulty in voiding urine
I hope i was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me
Can you advise best course of antibiotics for it ?
Why did the doxy not work ? Is it not strong enough ?
Here is what I suggest
1. Levofloxacin 750 mg daily for 7 days
2. Tab acetaminophen three times a day for the pain for not more than 5 days
3. Wear jockey v type underwear and not boxers
4. get a Doppler of the scrotum done
5. meet a urologist for this, they are specialised in this field
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is treatment for testicular pain
- Crestor testicular pain
- What is the treatment for testicular pain and back pain
- Treatment and cure for chronic testicular pain
- Is testicular pain related to hiv
- Groin pain and testicular pain
- Testicular pain and brown semen
- Treatment of testicular pain in pranayam
- Treatment and cure for Testicular pain
- Testicular pain ayurvedic treatment