Suggest treatment for testicle pain

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Mon, 16 Nov 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Every now and again, when I have a larger than normal bowel movement, I will experience pretty substantial left testicle pain and the scrotum becomes very tight. This occurs as the urge coming on for the need to have the bowel movement comes on. After I experience the BM, the pain soon subsides to nothing and everything is normal again.

There is no abnormal change in size of testicles or any pain with urinating at all. Literally, this pain will only come on as I have a larger than normal urge for a bowel movement.

I must add that I've been to the urologist within the past year due to a diagnosed left vericocele. I'm not sure if this pain could be related, but my question is could this just be due to connected intestinal pressure or something else?
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
More likely related to teh varicocele!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I have reviewed your information fully and this is in line with a varicocele manifestation. Varicoceles are caused by defective veins which fail to return blood normally to the heart. With a larger than expected bowel movement, the pressure on the surrounding veins is higher and the tendency for blood pooling and varicocele manifestation is higher. This is the reason and this is not totally unexpected.

This is all related to intestinal pressure from large bowels content on surrounding vessels and nothing more.

I hope this addresses your query fully. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.