Suggest treatment for tension headaches
Tension type headache.
I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I have read your query in detail and I understand your concern.
Well, to me this doesn't seem to be very concerning. The description fits into chronic tension type headache. Moreover, since your CT Head is normal, it is very unlikely that you have any structural abnormalities causing the headache.
I think your next move should be a visit to a neurologist's office. You can ask your GP for an appointment.
We treat Tension Headaches with anti depressants like Tricyclic antidepressant Amitryptilline, Or SSRI like Escitalopram. Once the medicines are started, a very good response is seen with in 2-3 weeks of treatment. You should try to keep your stress levels low as stress is the most important factor causing the Tension headache.
Since you also have some visual issues, get your eye sight tested.
You should also start meditation and relaxation exercises. Play sports, and meet friends. Avoid alcohol and smoking consumption in case you do.
This is my best opinion based on the available details. If you have any further query, please ask me.
I hope it helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for ibs and with headaches
- Suggest treatment for sleeplessness and headaches
- Suggest treatment for headaches
- Suggest treatment for cluster headaches
- Suggest treatment for alopecia and headaches
- Suggest treatment for terrible headache
- Treatment and cure for Tension headache
- What are the suggested treatment for headache
- Treatment for tension headache
- Suggest treatment for severe headache