• question-icon

Suggest treatment for tendonitis

Posted on Tue, 7 Mar 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hi... My friend met with an accident before 2 years. He got injured in his right hand shoulder joint and when consulting doctor he said there is some formation of fluid in that area. Also he said like it will be cured automatically. But still it's not cured and I have the pain frequently. What is to be done to get rid of this.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be capulitis or tendonitis.

Detailed Answer:

Presence of fluid in the joint suggests an inflammation. Such inflammation usually subsides in 3-5 weeks. in case the pain is persistent then there is a chance of developing post traumatic arthritis or frozen shoulder or capsulitis. Proper diagnosis can be done after an MRI scan of the shoulder joint.

You need to consult an orthopedician for a physical examination and proper investigations. The treatment will depend on the cause.

Regular physiotherapy can help in getting painless shoulder movements.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.

Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.

For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon