• question-icon

Suggest treatment for tendinitis

Posted on Thu, 2 Feb 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I am having trouble, pain & some loss of function & strength, in my right thumb joint & muscle area & up along the tendon to which it is connected. I wear a support glove/brace (?) wen it really starts hurting. My WRIST doesn't hurt, just the area of the 2 thumb joints & corresponding muscles. no tingling, no numbness. For example, if I turn the deadbolt lock on our front door, it hurts. Sometimes I can do it, & sometimes, I can't. When I have to release MY seat belt (the driver's seat,) it can be extremely painful, even though it is brief. What is causing this? I work in retail in linens & do a lot of repetitive movements restocking sheet sets, comforters, & quilts, as well as shoes, lol. My name is XXXXXXX Lintz. I am 55 years old-ER, lol & I live in central XXXXXXX
.
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Avoid repetitive movement.

Detailed Answer:

I have read your query.

You have tendinitis of muscles surrounding wrist near thumb area.

You need to avoid repetitive wrist and thumb movement.

Take. cap. rabiprazole empty stomach, tab aceclofenac100mg+serratiopeptidase15mg three times a day, cap. pregabalin75mg+methylcobalamine750mcg at night.

If pain does not subsides eithin 7 days, then you need steroid injection at pain area.

Apply hot packs.

I hope it helps.

Thanks,

Dr. CHANDER XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Chander Mohan Singh

Orthopaedic Surgeon