Suggest treatment for tender bruise near the tailbone

Dr. Mukesh Chugh

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Mon, 12 Jan 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: right about where my tailbone is feels like a tender bruise...it hurts worse when I have to poop but ...it is hurting a lot now and I don't have to poop...should I go to my doctor?
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You need physical examination

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for posting
I have gone through your query and understand your concern . On the basis of your symptoms it could be a anal fissure that is ulcer formation at anal canal.
Is there any history of trauma or blood while passing stools ?
Do you have difficulty in prolong sitting and is there any particular posture which gives relief ?
You need a physical examination,hence visit to a local doctor is recommended.
Looking forward to your reply.