Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for temper tantrums in a child

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 6972 Questions
I have kid of 4.5 Yrs, he is little arrogant these days and often dont listen to our advice and replies, my teacher wants me to this way. I am little confused how to manage and adhere my upbringings.
Posted Wed, 11 Jan 2017 in ADHD
Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Looks like temper tantrums or icon following - I have suggested remedies

Detailed Answer:
Hi....I understand your concern. It's not only you, but many parents with kids between 4-7 years age face this.

This can occur because of 2 reasons -

1. The child is seeing his teacher as a model icon and wants to follow whatever s/he says to the word. This usually results when the time spent by the teacher is more than that of the parents (as human interaction and contact). The only way you can change this is by spending more time with the kid and turning yourself into his model icon.

2. The second possibility is temper tantrums which results in this adamant behaviour. I have suggested in detail on how to go about with this.

Tantrums may happen when kids are tired, hungry, or uncomfortable; or because they can't get something (for example, an object or a parent) to do what they want. Learning to deal with frustration is a skill that children gain over time.

This is what you can do to avoid or prevent tantrums -
1. Give plenty of positive attention
2. Try to give toddlers some control over little things
3. Keep off-limits objects out of sight and out of reach
4. Distract your child
5. Help kids learn new skills and succeed
6. Consider the request carefully when your child wants something
7. Know your child's limits

Regards – Dr. Sumanth
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Child Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor