Suggest treatment for tailbone pain post injury
Use doughnut cushion for relief.
Thanks for posting your query.
Follow these measures for relief from the symptoms:
1) Avoid sitting down for long periods of time. When seated, do not sit on hard surfaces and alternate sitting on each side of the buttocks. Also, lean forward and direct your weight away from the tailbone.
2) Take adequate rest and apply cold compresses, avoid re-injury to the affected area and take some antiinflammatory and pain medications like ibuprofen(motrin) or diclofenac.
3) You can also use a "doughnut" cushion or pillow to sit on. This cushion has a hole in the middle of it to prevent the tailbone from contacting the flat surface.
4) Also eat a high fiber diet foods to soften stools and avoid constipation.
If all these measures help you then only you can plan your travel according to the severity of the pain.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL XXXX
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Tailbone pain liver pain
- Pinched nerve in tailbone pain and treatment
- Causes of tailbone pain without injury
- Calcium treatment for tailbone pain
- Treatment and cure for Tailbone pain
- Tailbone pain post elliptical workout
- Ayurvedic treatment for tailbone pain
- Treatment and cure for chronic tailbone pain
- Suggest ayurvedic treatment for tailbone pain
- Tailbone pain buttock numbness treatment
- Swollen legs, dark patches. Have stasis dermatitis and OCD. Will I be...
- Difficulty maintaining erection, discomfort in right testicle. Should I...
- Would anesthesia used to make a patient unconscious cause hand tremor?
- Black or brown freckles on penis, flat, no discomfort. Is this normal?
- What could red spots on hairline mean?
- Testicle swollen huge and hurts to touch. Why?
- Sudden awakening from sleep, heart racing, high blood pressure, ringing...
- What kind of cancer is it when colonoscopy shows a malignant mass in...
- Itching vagina, discharge and bleeding during sex. Maybe bacterial...
- Have hypoglycemia. Want to try HCG diet. Is it safe?