Suggest treatment for tachycardia

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

Posted on Wed, 24 Aug 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I have high BP and under medication for many years. Lipid profile, sugar etc. are normal. Recently in a health check-up, the TMT test results are "Negative for Inducible Ischaemia". However in normal ECG mild tachtcardia has been indicated. What is further course of action other than continue with my existing medicine?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer....nothing to worry and continue with your medicines
Detailed answer....
I have read your query and understand your concern.
Your doctor is right that sometimes one can get increased pulse or heart rate while doing ECG because of anxiety. If on other occasions blood pressure and pulse rate is normal,then there is nothing to worry.
Carry on with your medicines and make sure that your blood pressure remains tightly controlled. An uncontrolled blood pressure can cause various complications in future including cardiovascular accidents,cerebrovascular accidents and kidney damage.
It is good that your other parameters like blood sugar and lipid levels are under control.
Make a habit of doing regular exercises like brisk walk everyday for at least 40-45 minutes a day. Regular exercises are sure shot way of keeping you in best of health. you can even take up some sport or swimming.
Consume more of fresh fruits,green vegetables and nuts.
I hope it helps,however you are most welcome to revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks