Suggest treatment for symptoms of tonsillitis

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Tue, 16 Aug 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Symptoms: (high to low priority)
1. Pin pointed pain in the throat(upwards right hand side), difficulty during swallowing, while swallowing the food items seems to hit a spot inside of throat. Pain is not great but it's irritating & bothering me.
2. Increase in saliva secretion on the inner side of right cheek. (only right side not sure whether it's related)
3. Also cramp is felt in the cheek muscle while taking hot beverage (when swallowing the hot beverage) with increase in saliva secretion (some kind of stimuli is send to the cheek muscle while swallowing hot beverage), Point 3 was felt earlier also but it was mild in nature.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Tonsillitis

Detailed Answer:

I appreciate the way you describe the symptoms.

It clearly gives me a clue into postulating that you have Tonsillitis.

If the infection is trivial, gargling with a good antiseptic solution like Chlorhexidine thrice daily for three days will help you get rid of the symptoms.

Also, you can take a dose of Tab Cetrizine 10mg once in the night for three days to alleviate the symptoms.

If the infection is more virulent (strong ), where symptoms would persist even after three days of gargling. You will need a course of antibiotics.

You may have to then consult a ENT specialist for you to be placed on suitable antibiotics.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Please do ask if any doubts.
If you are satisfied with the answer, please rate the same with five stars and close.

If in future you need to consult me, you can approach me directly through the below link.

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-raju-a-t/60137