• question-icon

Suggest treatment for symptoms of tendonitis

Posted on Wed, 28 Jan 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: When I move my left arm out away from body I get a sharp pain in bicep area.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Tendonitis likely.

Detailed Answer:
The pain in the biceps can be due to a muscle spasm or due to tendonitis in the area.
You need to get an MRI scan done which is a more sensitive test for soft tissue and muscular injuries. An Orthopedician is the best person to be consulted.

Here are some general treatment measures which you can follow:

1) Provide complete rest and avoid overhead activities.
2) Apply cold compresses and take some anti inflammatory pain killer after consulting your doctor.

If the symptoms are severe then after confirming the diagnosis by MRI, you may need steroid injections (kept as last resort).

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon